OBJECTIVES FOR THIS EXERCISE: You will be able to:
- Identify in the light microscope sections of the oral cavity, esophagus,
stomach, and intestines.
- Identify tonsils in light microscopic sections.
- Identify the tongue in the light microscope.
- Identify oral cavity structures by their appearance in light
- Identify salient structural features of the tongue and lip
in mammals, and on a section of lip, identify the
oral cavity side and the integumentary side.
- Identify the various types of lingual papillae and the taste buds on them.
- Identify the parts of a brachydont tooth.
- Identify salivary glands in light microscopic preparations.
Lab Exercise List